Intoxicating evening

Author: Basav // Category:
If there is an Oscar award for perfect cocktail; it has to go to Sunrise and Moonlight :). These are the two indigenous cocktails that I invented today. Okay, okay, if not Oscar, then at-least, the drinks deserve a Filmfare award.

It is exactly twenty four hours since I have brought this cocktail shaker (which includes couple of accessories - ice bucket, peg measure), and I was desperate to use it; just like a kid, desperate to try his new video game. Last evening, I struggled hard to open the lid of the shaker but in vain; fruitless. After, 30 mins of valiant effort,I gave up. My wife decided to return it back to the store. 
But today morning, I looked at the shaker patiently and politely tried to turn it around with complete affection & viola - it willingly responded. Immediately I made up my mind to do something exciting in the evening (as though taking away my wifes' excitement who was not all excited about my achievement).

Here are the two recipes - try it, you will definitely love it. I promise

Sunrise

You need:
  • 60 ml - Smirnoff Vodka - Orange twist flavour
  • 30 ml - Bacardi White rum - plain
  • 200 ml - Tropicana Real Orange juice - chilled
  • 1 Orange fruit
5-6 cinnamon sticks, a pinch of salt, lots of ice cubes

Serves : 1

Method : Pour vodka, rum, orange juice, ice cubes, salt and finally cinnamon sticks. Shake it well. Pour it in a tall glass. Add a bit of orange peel. Leave it for few minutes in the glass. Let the orange flavour from the peel be released. Add couple of ice cubes. Remember it is already chilled. Garnish it with a slick of orange.

Sit back, relax, and sip it. You will feel the rich spicy aroma of orange and a bit cinnamon. If you concentrate hard, you will feel that your are walking on the sea shore, in the early morning cool breeze, enjoying the grand spectacle of the Sunrise.

Next comes the Moonlight. ( This name has been given by my wife, not bad :))

Moonlight

You need:
  • 60 ml - Bacardi White rum
  • 30 ml - Smrinoff Vodka (Plain or Apple flavour)
  • 200 ml - Tender coconut water
Pinch of salt, 1 tea spoon of sugar, lot of ice cubes (or crushed ice).

Pour ice in the shaker, add sugar. Pour vodka, coconut water, then rum, finally add sugar. 
Shake it well. Pour in a tall glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge. The drink should look like clear, crystal water.

Take the glass, go to your terrace, enjoy admiring the Moon.



0 Responses to "Intoxicating evening"

Post a Comment